The Government has committed to deliver 300,000 homes a year by the mid-2020’s.
Numerous barriers for local authorities, developers and other key stakeholders exist to achieving this target, including, a restrictive planning system, land being locked from developers and low long-term productivity levels in the construction industry.
Welcoming planning and housing professionals from across the UK, explore first-hand what solutions are being put in place to get around these challenges to accelerate delivery. Our expert speakers will explore the latest policy developments, strategies, funding and technologies being deployed across the sector.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Steve Quartermain CBE, Chief Planner, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Fionnuala Lennon, Head of Garden Communities, Homes England
- Shelagh Grant, Chief Executive, The Housing Forum
- Katy Lock, Director of Communities and Project Delivery, TCPA
- Aileen Murphie, Director, MHCLG and local government VFM, National Audit Office
- Simon Barnard, National Head of Development and Planning, GL Hearn
- John Synnuck, Chief Executive Officer, Swan Housing
- Evan Maindonald, CEO, Melt Homes
- Jo Sistern, Head of Planning Communications and Consultation, GL Hearn
- Tom Chance, Chief Executive, National CLT Network
- Ivan Tennant, Associate Planning Director, GL Hearn
- Matthew Spry, Senior Director, Lichfields
- John Acres, Policy Director, The Land Promoters & Developers Federation
- Professor Janice Morphet, Visiting Professor, Bartlett School of Planning, UCL
Key topic points for 2019:
- An Overview of the Current Delivery Challenges for Developers, Local Authorities and Housebuilders
- Planning Reforms to Speed-up Delivery
- The Changing Face of Local Authority Housebuilding
- People, Bricks and Mortar: Improving Construction Productivity
- How do we Structure Schemes for Effective Delivery?
- Next Steps: What is the Future of Housing Delivery?
Heads of Planning - Developers - Heads of Housing Development - Heads of Projects - Heads of Housing - Heads of Developments - Heads of Skills - Heads of Strategy - Head of Communities - Councillors - Chief Financial Officers
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.